This section provides non-profit management tips and best practices. The information that is provided here is not meant to be a one stop solution source, but a starting point and a means to discover new strategies to help your organization.
At any time you need assistance, please contact our office and if we don't know the answer, we will help you find where to find the solution!
"Doing Well While Doing Good"
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman Charities Symposium https://ag.ny.gov/
June 14, 2017, Suffolk County Community College
1. Right from the Start -- Responsibilities of Directors of Not-for-Profit Corporations
2. Internal Controls and Financial Accountability for Not-for-Profit Boards
3. Audit Committee and Nonprofit Revitalization (to come)
4. Conflicts of Interst Policies Under the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013 (to come)
5. Whistleblower Policies Under the Nonprofit Revitalization Act of 2013
6. Revised CPA Review and Audit Thresholds and Annual Filing Fees for 7A or DUAL Filers.
7. A Practical Guide to the New York Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act.
8. Procedures for Forming and Changing a New York Not-For-Profit Corporation
9. Sales and Other Dispositions of Assets
10. Mergers and Consolidations
11. Dissolution of Not-for-Profit Corporations without Assets
12. Dissolution of Not-for-Profit Corporations with Assets
13. Tips on Charitable Giving
14. Tips on Hiring a Professional Fundraiser
15. Registration of Charitable Organizations
16. Annual Financial Reports by Charitable Organizations -- please see www.CharitiesNYS.com
Diana J. Cherryholmes
Film & Cultural Affairs
Suffolk County Government © 2018.