Arts & Cultural Funding for projects restored 2021
The Suffolk County County Executive Steve Bellone and the Suffolk County Legislature have increased the Cultural Competitive grant available funding from $50,000 to $206,541 for fiscal year 2021. As a result of this increased funding, we are implementing the following program changes immediately:
- Grant request limit of $5,000 has been removed, therefore grant requests can reflect actual need.
- Agencies that have submitted completed applications may resubmit the application packet. To do so, email SCOCA@suffolkcountyny.gov with REVISE 2021 in the subject line and our staff will contact you to discuss the next steps in the process.
- New grant application deadline of April 30, 2021.
All other guidance, including the extra point for attending and watching the workshop video applies.
GRANT DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
- Promote affordable and accessible spectator and participatory arts experiences and cultural events for community members.
- Increase opportunities for professional Suffolk County performing, visual, literary, and media artists to engage with the community.
- Encourage presentations of underrepresented artists and arts reflecting ethnic traditions.
- Increase visitation to downtown locations for arts, heritage and cultural events.
- Please download and save the PDF application to your computer.
- To fill out the application and save the content, a PDF reader is necessary.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents. It's the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
2021 Cultural Competitive Guidelines
2021 Cultural Competitive Application